Opal Albury profile picture

Opal Albury Psychotherapy, LCSW

Opal Albury is a licensed clinical social worker with more than 15 years of experience working with families and individuals. She provides a short-term, holistic, and compassionate approach to therapy in a nonjudgmental and safe setting for the client population she serves. She is dual-licensed in both New York and Florida.

Specialties
  • General Mental Health
  • Anxiety and Panic Disorders
  • Depression
  • Marriage and Partnerships
  • Domestic Abuse and Violence
Finances
  • $ $ $ $ $
    $140-200
  • UnitedHealthcare
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • Aetna
  • UMR
  • Oscar
  • UHC Student Resources
  • Out-of-pocket
Locations
Licensed in
Therapy licenses aren't like driver's licenses — each state has its own set of rules. To offer care, a provider needs to be licensed in the state you're located in when sessions are happening.
  • Florida
  • New York
mic icon
Provider
Profile
“As a therapist, I desire to equip my clients with the skills and tools needed to be independent, productive, and functional members of society.”
What was your path to becoming a therapist?
Early in my social work career, I learned that building a therapeutic relationship and establishing good rapport with clients is essential to providing quality care. A holistic approach to service is important to treating the mind, body, and soul of an individual. Hence, it is my belief that a therapist is one of the few professionals who can provide this level of care to meet their client’s needs. My approach to treatment is client-centered while using cognitive behavioral therapy.
What should someone know about working with you?
As a therapist, I desire to equip my clients with the skills and tools needed to be independent, productive, and functional members of society. In my practice, I often discuss the 80/20 rule with my clients: 20% of the work can be done in session while the remaining 80% is what is accomplished between sessions. It is important for clients to take an active role in their own healing and treatment.
What are you most excited about within the evolving mental health landscape?
In the evolving mental health landscape, I am most excited about the emergence of telehealth practices. This has provided access to therapy to the underserved and those who previously had limitations involving travel.
“In my practice, I often discuss the 80/20 rule with my clients: 20% of the work can be done in session while the remaining 80% is what is accomplished between sessions.”
Interested in speaking with Opal?